4.14.2007

Vote for your favorite blog!!!

Everybody knows what the Grammys, Emmys and People's Choice awards are. But did you know that there are Blog awards too? There's the Bloggies and now there's the Blogger's Choice Awards.

Awards like the Blogger's Choice Awards give us all an opportunity to choose our favorite blogs and bloggers and give them some of the recognition that we feel that they deserve. In fact, if you'd like to nominate this blog or any of my other blogs, feel free. I won't mind. Promise. Probably wouldn't get many votes anyways, but it'd still be fun.

The Blogger's choice awards have plenty of different categories to choose from and nominate into. From the "Best Animal Blogger" to "Hottest Mommy Blogger" and even "Worst blog of all time" there's a spot for everything.

Anybody can nominate and vote in all of the categories. Votes are tallied in real-time so you can watch as they climb for your favorites. Votes are being accepted until May 22 and will be announced on June 2 at PostieCon in Orlando. The results will be posted on the site shortly after the ceremony.

I personally haven't voted yet because I just don't think the word is getting out enough. Any awards for best food blog that has a top 3 consisting of Vegan blogs just isn't right. But we can change all that. We can spread the word and get more and more people to vote for their favorite blogs. More people voting means more votes for the best of the best. Unless you like vegan food that is. If that's the case, I'm sorry. Maybe if you had taste buds you could stand the real food?

I see the perennial top blog Dooce has made an appearance in several of the categories. Even in the Hottest mommy blogger category. Not sure I think she really belongs on that list. Not that she's an ugly woman, just not the hottest one I know. Course, I don't read that many mommy bloggers either.

There are a few other picks that seem to be products of the lack of traffic. WilWheaton.typepad.com is at the top or near the top in several categories. He's got a lot of followers/readers that are obviously pretty loyal. Not sure if he asked for votes or not, but if he didn't he could win in landslides if he did.

And while we're on the subject, how does Fark.com get to the top of the list for the "Best Blog about Stuff"? Fark doesn't exactly strike me as a stuff blog. More of a news/parody/political blog really. Blogs like Engadget or Crunch Gear or NotCot.org are the real stuff blogs. But who am I to argue I guess. Can't say as I know everything. Not yet anyways. Give me a few days... ;)

Go vote for the best blog

No comments: