4.30.2007

Person.com: Web 2.0 Personals

Ok, I have to admit that as a Married man, I don't have much use for a personals website. So, in reviewing Person.com, I find it a little hard to really envision myself using it. For the sake of the review, I'll try and put myself in a single persons shoes for a bit.

Person.com dubs itself "Person.com - webcams, chat, personals" so lets take a look at that.

Webcams. First thing I notice is the most popular one on the list is a female in her underthings. Not exactly the best thing to see if your thinking it's a real personals site. More of a Adult friend finder wanna be if that's what is gonna be advertised. In the first 10 webcams, 5 of them are in a less than fully dressed status.

Chat. You've got to register to chat, and I don't need my wife finding out I have an account on some personals page so I didn't register. But really... with chat rooms with names like sexitis and the like, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to figure out what's happening there.

Personals. You get the standard "I am a ? seeking a ?" search box leading to the standard list of search hits. You get the added bits of a picture and some of the stats, but again, you get the feeling that it's more of a sex market than a relationship market.

Overall, it's a bit of a Adult sex personals site than a true match.com or the like. Fine if that's what your looking for, but really, does it have to be that obvious? I guess you get what you pay for. Sign ups are free.

this has been a paid review through the payperpost program

No comments: